The 20th edition of Imagineindia International Film Festival will take place in Madrid from 24 Sep to 9 Oct 2021.
Rules for the film entry :
Article 1 : DATE and PLACE
The 20th edition of ImagineIndia International Film Festival will take place in the city of Madrid from 24th Sep to 9th Oct 2021. The festival will be organized by the Asociation AIMIFF based in Madrid.
Article 2 : PURPOSE
The Festival ImagineIndia is mainly devoted to promote friendship and cooperation between Indian Subcontinent, rest of Asia and Spain and along with it the European Union.
It’s aim is to showcase and focus attention on films coming mainly from India, but with some concessions to the other countries of the Indian Subcontinent and rest of Asia, in order to contribute to the better comprehension of Indian Culture, and to the development of more fluid relations among the Indian Subcontinent and Europe.
Article 3 : SECTIONS
The Selection Committee of the Festival is entitled to select and invite the films which will be presented in the Official Section for features, documentaries and short films or Out of Competition Parallel Sections.
The films which meet the following conditions will be selected by invitation for the Festival,s Competitive section.
1) Films that have been produced during the 24 months preceding the Festival.
2) Films that have not been shown in Madrid 3 months before the dates of the festival.
3) Films that respect the aims of the Festival as mentioned in Article 2.
Article : ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
4. 1. All sections are open to international submissions. Any producer and / or director with the rights to the film submitted may participate in this section.
4. 2. Each filmmaker or producer may submit as many films as he / she wishes.
4. 3. It will be required for all selected films to be presented in the format with best projection quality, irrespective of the format in which it was originally made. In any case the only formats at ImagineIndia Festival 2020 will be Digital, DCP, Blu-Ray.
4. 4. The films competing must provide the festival with a low resolution english subtitled copy for subtitling.
Article 5 : ENTRY
The Submission should be done by any of the following means :
– Authorizing the online viewing on any other internet platform like Vimeo, Imdb, etc.
– Sending the film to the festival by any other platform like Wetransfer, Google Drive etc.
Article 6 : SELECTION
The Organising Committee designates the members of the International Jury.
The jury is composed of two reputed personalities from Spain, India or other nationalities for each award.
Decisions will be reached by unanimity.
No person having taken part in any manner in a film in competition may be on the Jury.
There will be no right of appeal against the decision of the Selection Committee.
The Director of the Festival has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules.
The participants authorize the organization to use extracts from the films in any media for the purpose of promoting the festival. It will also be allowed to use photographs from the films and of the directors in the press and other media, as well as in the making of the Festival Catalogue.
Article 7 : AWARDS
The Juries, will grant the following official awards from among all the films selected in the Official Section. The awards will include the trophy GOLDEN CHAKRA.
BEST SOUND DESIGN
BEST SHORT FILM
BEST FILM POSTER
AWARD FOR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT
RECOGNITION TO AN INSTITUTION
Article 8 : ADHERENCE TO THE CONDITIONS
Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the afore-mentioned regulations.
These rules apply to all categories of the Official Sections: Competition and Out of Competition.